Official Website of the Clan Hay


Warning: include(../pageNavSub.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/clanhaynet/public_html/CASTLES/NewSlains.php on line 33

Warning: include(): Failed opening '../pageNavSub.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/clanhaynet/public_html/CASTLES/NewSlains.php on line 33

Castles of Clan Hay

New Slains
page 1 - page 2

New Slains Castle - photo 3 cropped enlargement
Photo courtesy of Rod Village, Convener for Colorado & Wyoming.
..taken during his visit to Scotland in 1996. [see original photo here]

New Slains Castle was built in 1664, to replace Slains Castle near Collierston, which had been demolished in 1594 when King James IV marched north, and with gunpowder collected from the town council of Aberdeen, personally supervised the demolition.

 

New Slains (color)
Color photo available and provided by the Canadian Branch of the Clan Hay Society.

 

New Slains: page 1 - page 2



celtic bar

| Delgatie | Neidpath | New Slains | Old Slains | Inshoch | Park | Yester

| Castles | Locations Map


home
Contact Webmaster | ©2004 Clan Hay and David C Hay Design
?>