This site started in 1996 as an independent project dedicated to my personal heritage, and to all of you out there who also share and appreciate the common heritage of the Scottish clan of Hay. In 1998 roundabouts, I was honored by the Commissioner and the Chief by becoming the Official Webmaster and thus Official Website for the Clan Hay.
am posting the various tidbits of information that I discover as I research
the history of my family and my family name. I live in the States (Maple
Falls, WA), which unfortunately puts a bit of a damper on some of my research
capabilities. So, if by chance you or someone you know is related to the
Scottish clan of Hay, and has additional information that I can post,
revise, etc..., please feel free to contact me. Send me e-mail.
I would like to especially thank those of you who have already taken the
time to respond and add to this site. After all, this site is as much
yours as is mine. Thank you again. Enjoy!
David C Hay - Webmaster
07 Jun 2004 - Initiated a new look/interface for the site.
15 Mar 2004 - I installed a Bulletin Board. Anyone can login and then post and read messages on whatever topics they'd like. Feel free to send me suggestions as to more general headings too. For example, I can create even more specific areas too, such as, "messages from your local branch" that branch officers can post too.
15 Jan 2004 - added a Newsletter capability to the site.
23 Feb 2003 - added Inshoch Castle reconstruction painting and article by Andrew Spratt
11 Dec 2001 - online database functionality (onhold pending time)
8 Feb 2001
- added 2 paintings from Andrew Spratt. Old Slains and Neidpath. Andrew, who resides in Scotland, researches the history of, and paints renditions of castles and such for hobby and on commission. He has been kind enough to give the Clan website permission to show his work.
- Also, I may have a cost effective solution worked out for implementing this Clan Hay site at it's soon-to-be new URL of www.clanhay.net by the beginning of March 2001.
What's ahead in the future for this site???
- will add a Newslettercapability for each Region/Convener
- will be creating the ability for officers to upload and change material online in their respective areas.
- Regional email lists will be avail. (e.g. subscribe to your local Convener Newsletter) - idea: members can subscribe to email lists (local and national/international) for happenings and news.
- (a bit farther out) A genealogy program that is User-Updatable. In other words, You can type in Your records-info and add it to the Big DaddyBase. This project I won't be starting for (undetermined amount of time) as (I have to work on some other projects first...bummer :)
...suggestions and comments are always welcome.